is a scheme for volunteer-led community gardening groups which are focused on cleaning up and greening up their local area. It provides groups with the chance to get involved in the wider RHS Britain in Bloom initiative.
Its central foci are
1. Community Participation
2 Environmental Responsibility
3 Gardening Achievement
There are many benefits to participating in the campaign; the most frequently cited are:
• Cleaner and greener surroundings
• A stronger sense of community, developed through creating positive interaction between neighbours
• Safer environments
• Reduction in anti-social behaviour
• Increased local pride as people take ownership of the improvements made to the area
• Positive effects on the local economy, such as increased commercial enterprise and in some cases, tourism.
• More environmental awareness, whether through recycling schemes, energy conservation, reducing litter or improving/adding green spaces
• Greater cross-community contact, building and improving relationships with the local authority.
This year we achieved a level 5 ( Outstanding) at our first attempt.
Find out more here